Links We Love is a curated selection of our favorite web items. Be sure to check back often to see what’s keeping us inspired.
- Summer in New York City is here, and it is HOT! This lovely article by Arthur Miller adds a bit of nostalgia to the heat, reminding us that the weather is just part of yet another NYC tradition. You can read the article here.
- The Grolier Club is a wonderful NYC tradition of a more bookish kind. It is America’s largest and oldest society of bibliophiles. Its beautifully maintained library features many exhibitions. Their current one, The Power of Words & Images In a World at War, features some wonderful WWII posters. Click here to learn more about the Show. You can browse all of our WWII posters currently in stock, here.
- We were honored to be featured in The Paper Chronicles earlier this month! Check out the wonderful highlight here
- And they’re off! The Tour de France is in full swing, just now entering France from its start in London over the weekend. You can track the entire excitement through the official site here.
- A tour of another kind is also underway in Paris this week; Couture Fashion Week. Artisan labels such as Chanel and Giambattista Valli are bringing back a mid-twentieth century feel. The New York Times always has the best re-cap. A favorite look (below, from Valli) seemingly mirrors the elegance and je ne sais quoi of many of our French posters from the 1950s: