The world of vintage posters is an endless sea of learning. There’s so much to take in, and it’s often easy to get lost without a roadmap. Recently, I’ve been thinking about how valuable it would be to create a home for the poster-fan looking for direction.
At The Ross Art Group, we are absorbed in this world each and every day, and with over 18 years of experience, we have so much to share.
So who better to run this new home of The Ross Art Group than myself, Mickey Ross – founder, president, and chief trouble maker?
Here’s what I have planned for us:
- I’ll offer expert insight into the vintage poster market. (What are they about, how do you determine value, why are certain ones so hard to find?)
- We’ll explore ways to use vintage posters. (Different areas of a home, commercial installations, restaurants, and public spaces.)
- We’ll explore different themes in posters. (Travel posters and other subjects, different eras in posters, and artistic trends in posters.)
- We’ll examine style and significance of poster creators. (From Cheret, Mucha, and Lautrec to Cappiello, D’Ylen, and modern artists.)
- I’ll explain how and what to collect if your interest goes beyond buying one or two decorative pieces.
- I’ll present some of our recent acquisitions and share their fascinating histories and backgrounds.
But more importantly, I want to hear from you. If you have ideas of your own, please email me. The door’s always open around here.
I look forward to embarking on this new adventure with you.